Note: HRSA meetings are held at:
The Colonial Tavern
24 Hawley Road
Oxford, CT 06478 US
Dinner at 7PM Meeting at 8PM
Joining the Club
- The club roster is currently at maximum capacity per our by-laws and the waiting list is full and closed.
- Club meetings are the first Wednesday of every month at the Colonial Tavern; 7 for dinner, 8 for meeting.
- You’ll need two club members to sponsor you – easy enough to find at the range or meetings.
- Fill out your application ahead of time and turn it in at 7:45, right before the meeting starts.
- Dues are $50 a year plus $125 for the initial application. That includes your Range Officer training, ID badge, and all the shooting you can stand.
- There is a $20 fee for your copy of the range box key (refunded when you leave the club, if ever!).
- The club is NRA affiliated; all club members must be NRA members (we offer discounted membership through the club too).
- The club is ODCMP affiliated (http://www.odcmp.com) – you can use the club CMP number to purchase rifles and ammunition from ODCMP.
- You’ll serve two shifts (Saturday morning or afternoon, or Sunday afternoon) every quarter as a Range Officer, once you are accepted and trained.
- You’ll need to make at least 10 of the 12 meetings per year.
- Your first year must include at least 10 hours of additional service, such as range cleanup or helping with the Junior Club.
- Regular events include the Juniors Club (5 p.m. on Sundays), Cowboy Shoots (SASS – first Sunday every month), and Plate Shoots (See plate shoot page for info).
- We don’t shoot on the 2nd Tuesday of the monthÂ to allow the Naugatuck PD the use of the range.
- You’ll get a newsletter and range schedule every month in the mail.